July 11th 2019.
I was separated from my job of almost 10 years.
I worked for Wells Fargo.
The reasons for my “separation” were never made clear to me. In fact, I was told by my manager that she didn’t have to give me a reason at all.
Initially I was told that I wasn’t completing my work – however I hadn’t been given any work for a few days.
I can tell you the actual reasons for my termination:
- In November 2018, I asked my manager why I was getting assignments from contractors. Historically FTEs have not been “managed” by contractors. My manager took great offense to this.
- The assignments given to me were clerical at best and I had been in a technical role throughout my tenure with the company.
- I did not know how to complete these assignments and when I requested training, I was told that it was my responsibility to obtain training for any job the company assigned to me. Needless to say, the contractors who were looking to get an FTE position offered little to no help when asked.
- I was advised by manager to go to HR if I felt I was being treated unfairly – which I did. HR toted the company line and completely backed up my manager and offered no assistance whatsoever. They suggested I contact my manager’s boss – which I did.
- My manager’s boss backed up the company and offered no help.
This led to me getting an unwarranted write-up and eventually my termination.
All of this was in retaliation for my initial complaints to my manager.